Ukip faces crisis after suspensions and racism claims
British Politics Goes Mad: Tory Candidate Afzal Amin in Alleged Plot with English Defence League.
Tory Candidate Afzal Amin with Mate.
As the British General Election gets nearer politics in this country is going stark raving mad.
A Conservative candidate at the general election has been suspended over allegations he schemed with the English Defence League to win votes.
The Mail on Sunday reported Afzal Amin plotted to persuade the EDL to announce a march against a new “mega-mosque” in the marginal seat of Dudley North.
The paper said Mr Amin planned for the march to be scrapped so he could take credit for defusing the situation.
Mr Amin told the paper the allegations were “completely untrue”.
He has not returned a call from the BBC.
But he told the Independent on Sunday that the MoS had provided “small snippets” of more than 57 hours of meetings he had held with members of the Muslim community, the EDL and its former leader Tommy Robinson.
He added he had been trying to “promote better community cohesion” to “serve as a model for further dispute resolution in other towns and cities”.
Exposed: Star Tory candidate plotted with race thugs to stage fake EDL demo in cynical bid to win votes
- Star Asian Tory candidate planned fake English Defence League demo
- Afzal Amin promised a salary to the EDL to win him up to 4,000 voters
- Scheme would have seen thugs plan phoney march against ‘mega-mosque’
- EDL would then have called the rally off and Amin would have taken credit
- Conservative Party in disarray in key seat just weeks before the Election
Afzal Amin suspended: Tory election candidate for Dudley North suspended over alleged plot to stage fake EDL demonstration outside mosque